Monday, March 16, 2009

Nixon: The Player in Rubber


I bought the SS Player 5 years ago and bought many models since. I was checking Nixon's website over the weekend when a new limited edition: the Player goes "Iconic"

Here is a copy /paste of their marketing campaign that summarize pretty well what is the Rubber about:

Beginning March 15th, 2009 Nixon’s “4 x 4” will introduce 4 Rubber Players in a single colorway to the world. On the 15th of each month from March to June a new surprise color will be released. Participating shops will be shipped only 4 Rubber Players each month. Each surprise color will be kept secret.



Like any hot item, the true value of the item doesn't really matter. while I agree $170 is a bit hard to swallow for a rubber watch, the fact it is ultra limited I have no doubt those will be gone as fast as Michael Jackson's London tickets. I still can't believe this weirdo sold out 50 concerts in few hours.

No comments: