Thursday, December 4, 2008

Billabong Ad: the Prism


On average a consumer will see about 3000 marketing messages a day. Print ad, TV commercials, Banners,etc.. are what I call Interruption Marketing. The goal is to stop the consumer for a brief instant.

Interruption doesn't work no more, I bet you that the following day, you may only remember 3-4 ads that have grasped your attention. Which lead me to write this blog: surf mag are mostly ads, there are few good ones like Insight, Community and then there are terrible ones.

I am gonna talk about the Billabong Prism ad.
First of all it seems Andy Irons got giardia because he sure looks like he gonna sh*t his pant. Then they use this fluo color that have seen over and over the past season. By the end of the mag I thought this ad is the worst I have seen in a long time so I decided to look at it again and saw that they tried to portray like the view from a Prism. Clever that's the name of the boardshort...Not.

When your company is named Billabong, I think you can do better than that. Sometimes I feel like they put ads just for the sake of it. At least some brands are trying harder.

No comments: